2/25/15

Untitled #57

Untitled #57

i did some hand stitching yesterday as i finished up two baby quilts for my sister.  i have always loved hand stitching.   my boyfriend in college had the most fantastic set of hand stitched patchwork jeans.  he had made them out of thousands of tiny squares of plaid wool fabric.  he was bored, he said.  not boro, but bored.  i may have mentioned the amazing patchwork hanten we saw in the antique shop this past weekend - did i mention it cost almost twenty thousand man?  and this is the place we always find a bargain.  the few times i have seen boro up for sale in japan it has been way up there out of my price range.  i wish i had some nice vintage indigo cloth, but hey - i`m can weave my own cloth and dye my own indigo.  i can also run a stitch.  maybe soon i`ll patch together some of my little woven scraps.  make some soul cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment