2/19/15

weaving // inspiration

weaving // inspiration

it`s a salient feature of the human experience to oscillate somewhere on the continuum between joy and misery at any given moment.  (notice how a moment is not a quantifiable measure of time? perhaps it is and i just don`t know about it.  something no doubt a quick google would remedy.)  i`m 33.  that could be a third, or a half, or a whole lifetime.  it`s  also more of a lifetime than many have had, double, three times, fractions i can`t compute even since i`m not so hot at math.  yesterday i was feeling pretty miserable.  i read some kant.  i brewed some st. john`s wort into a tea.  i dyed my undyed yarn blue.  i cooked a curry, and some seaweed coleslaw.  i listened to `dancing in the dark` and `tougher than the rest` by the boss, more than a few times.  i danced zombie style for hours while warping on my chair legs, causing muscle aches into the evening.  i watched two episodes of `dr. phil` on my iPad while lying on my bed and fell asleep face down on the good doctor, drooling onto the screen.  my husband rolled me over to my side of the bed and i slept the first good night in a few days.  i woke up refreshed, and swinging back to the side closer to joy.  this weaver finished a new epic resume and applied to three non-weaving related jobs.  besides some garish looking clothing, the first thing this weaver made from her weaving years ago were some bags.  i`ve been tweaking them for years, and they are still not what i`d like.  hopefully soon i can get my bag designs to come together.  my husband is a big help in critiquing the so-called prototypes, which is good because i will need him someday for the leatherwork.  he doesn`t know this yet.  the cushions are there because i made three new cushions to redecorate my space this week.  i`m digging the new handmade `clan of the cave bear` thing we`ve got going on.  warp chains hanging like stalactites.  (are those the `up` ones?)  digress.  my resume looks pretty random. i wonder what the next in a long string of  non-sequitor jobs could possibly be?

No comments:

Post a Comment