6/29/15

thrifted

thrifted

today, my husband took the day off work to keep me company at a particularly scary doctor`s appointment.  after a favourable report, we went out to celebrate and eat breakfast at a local coffee shop that is always busy and we`ve been curious about since moving to kyoto.  we had cafe au lait, egg toast, and french toast.  it was amazing.  after that we went to the thrift store and the used bookstore.  i picked up an amazing vintage handwoven pile entrance mat made in iran that my dog instantly claimed as her own (for 900YEN!!!!!) and three ian mcewan books for 100-300¥ each.  i was so excited about my finds that i neglected to notice one of the books was written in french - i guess i`ll have to brush up on my french reading skills.  lol.  what started out as nerve wracking ended up in a great daytime date on bicycles.  we rounded the afternoon off with a heineken.  they say good things come to those who wait, i`ve been waiting til now for my very own antique persian rug - it`s super tiny but i love it so much and at the price i could afford was just over the moon.  it`s also the perfect size for my little dog to take a nap.  lol!  yay thrifting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment